Table of Contents
- What is the synonym and antonym of costly?
- What is the nearest meaning of costly?
- What is a notable person called?
- Is Costly a formal word?
- Which is the most costliest car in the world?
- What is the new word of sufficient?
- What’s another word for free?
- How do you say the most expensive?
- What word is better than premium?
- What is a synonym for high end?
- What is a better word for amazing?
- What is a fee paid for a service called?
- Whats the opposite of a fee?
- What is the use of costly?
- Is Unfamous a word?
- What is the part of speech of the word costly?
- Is sufficient a positive word?
- What is the antonym of sufficient?
- How do you say someone is famous?
- Is Deadly an adjective or adverb?
- What is newly expensive word?
- What’s another word for famous?
- What is the noun form of costly?
- What’s the adjective of costly?
- What is the superlative degree of kind?
- What is the most expensive thing in the world?
- Is Costly A adjective or adverb?
- What does tedious mean?
- What kind of word is sufficient?
- What are expensive words?
- What does costliest mean?
- How do you spell expensive?
- What is the opposite of costliest?
- Is more costly correct?
- What is the other word for rich?
- What’s another word for fee?
- What are 3 synonyms for expensive?
- What do you call expensive brands?
In this page you can discover 46 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for costly, like: expensive, steep, precious, disastrous, sumptuous, inexpensive, reasonable, cheap, high-priced, dear and exorbitant.
What is the synonym and antonym of costly?
costly. Synonyms: valuable, expensive, high-priced, rich, precious, sumptuous. Antonyms: valueless, cheap, low-priced, mean, worthless, beggarly, paltry.
What is the nearest meaning of costly?
expensive, dear, high-cost, high-priced, highly priced, big-budget, overpriced, exorbitant, extortionate, immoderate, extravagant. lavish, rich, deluxe, choice, fine, exquisite. valuable, priceless, worth its weight in gold, worth a king’s ransom. British upmarket, over the odds. informal steep, pricey.
What is a notable person called?
noun. a prominent, distinguished, or important person. (usually initial capital letter)French History. one of a number of prominent men, usually of the aristocracy, called by the king on extraordinary occasions. Notables, Also called Assembly of the Notables.
Is Costly a formal word?
costly (rather formal) costing a lot of money, especially more than you want to pay: You want to avoid costly legal proceedings if you can.
Which is the most costliest car in the world?
At $18.68 million (£15m), La Voiture Noire has the biggest price tag of any car, ever. Only one will ever exist, and more than two years after it was sold, it still hasn’t left the production line! La Voiture Noire packs a 1,500 horsepower engine that pushes it to speeds of up to 261mph.
What is the new word of sufficient?
Some common synonyms of sufficient are adequate, competent, and enough. While all these words mean “being what is necessary or desirable,” sufficient suggests a close meeting of a need.
What’s another word for free?
What is another word for free? complimentaryfree of chargeat no costcost-freefor freefor nothingfreebiegratisgratuitouswithout charge
How do you say the most expensive?
What word is better than premium?
Deluxe, in this context, means “High or highest in quality”, according to the dictionary, though it is held in more esteem than premium. If you want to say the best, in most cases you can just say the best.
What is a synonym for high end?
Synonyms for high-end. exclusive, upmarket, upscale.
What is a better word for amazing?
In this page you can discover 61 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for amazing, like: astonishing, incredible, astounding, phenomenal, marvelous, fantastical, wondrous, prodigious, miraculous, stupendous and fantastic.
What is a fee paid for a service called?
A service charge is a fee collected to pay for services related to the primary product or service being purchased. The charge is usually added at the time of the transaction. Many industries collect service charges, including restaurants, banking, and travel and tourism.
Whats the opposite of a fee?
What is the opposite of fee? chargedenyrefuseseizetakewithhold
What is the use of costly?
If you say that something is costly, you mean that it costs a lot of money, often more than you would want to pay. Having professionally-made curtains can be costly, so why not make your own?
Is Unfamous a word?
Not famous; lost to fame; forgotten.
What is the part of speech of the word costly?
pronunciation: kawst li features: Word Combinations (adjective) part of speech: adjective. inflections: costlier, costliest.
Is sufficient a positive word?
Short answer: Yes. “Sufficient” in this context means “enough to produce the specified result.” Whether that result is desirable or not is irrelevant. Indeed, in some cases it could depend on point of view.
What is the antonym of sufficient?
Words popularity by usage frequency rankingword#10226useless#10242insufficient#15200inferior#17142deficient
How do you say someone is famous?
Famous and well-known – thesaurus
Is Deadly an adjective or adverb?
deadly (adjective) deadly (adverb) deadly nightshade (noun)
What is newly expensive word?
Expensive Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus.What is another word for expensive? costlypriceydearpremiumexorbitantpricyextortionateoverpricedvaluablesteep
What’s another word for famous?
Some common synonyms of famous are celebrated, distinguished, eminent, illustrious, noted, notorious, and renowned.
What is the noun form of costly?
outlay the money that you have to spend in order to start a new business or project, or in order to save yourself money or time later:The best equipment is costly but is well worth the outlay.
What’s the adjective of costly?
costly Definitions and Synonyms adjectivecostlycomparativecostliersuperlativecostliest
What is the superlative degree of kind?
1) by addition of ‘-er’ and ‘-est’ to the positive degree POSITIVECOMPARATIVESUPERLATIVEfastfasterfastestgreatgreatergreatesthighhigherhighestkindkinderkindest
What is the most expensive thing in the world?
What are some of the most expensive things in world today?
- Graff Diamonds Hallucination Watch – USD 55 million.
- 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO – USD 70 million.
- Bluefin Tuna – USD 3.1 million.
- Antilia, Mumbai – USD 1-2 billion.
- Manhattan Parking Spot – USD 1 million.
- Leonardo da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi – USD 450 million.
- Pasion Azteca, Platinum Liquor Bottle – USD 3.5 million.
Is Costly A adjective or adverb?
This is confusing as most adverbs end in -ly, but costly is an exception and is an adjective.
What does tedious mean?
: tiresome because of length or dullness : boring a tedious public ceremony.
What kind of word is sufficient?
adjective. adequate for the purpose; enough: sufficient proof; sufficient protection.
What are expensive words?
What does costliest mean?
1. of great price or value; expensive. 2. entailing great loss or sacrifice. a costly victory.
How do you spell expensive?
Correct spelling for the English word “expensive” is [ɛkspˈɛnsɪv], [ɛkspˈɛnsɪv], [ɛ_k_s_p_ˈɛ_n_s_ɪ_v] (IPA phonetic alphabet).Similar spelling words for EXPENSIVE
What is the opposite of costliest?
antonyms of costliest
- not valuable.
Is more costly correct?
There’s a myth among the non-native English speakers that ‘more costly’ is ungrammatical and ‘costlier’ is grammatical. However, this is not true at all. Both of them are grammatically correct, ‘more costly’ being the widely used one. ‘Costlier’ is used rarely and sounds a bit odd to a native ear.
What is the other word for rich?
Frequently Asked Questions About rich Some common synonyms of rich are affluent, opulent, and wealthy. While all these words mean “having goods, property, and money in abundance,” rich implies having more than enough to gratify normal needs or desires.
What’s another word for fee?
What is another word for fee? chargecostemolumentpaytollfigureremunerationstipendaccountallowance
What are 3 synonyms for expensive?
- costly, dear, high-priced, high-cost, big-budget, exorbitant, extortionate, overpriced.
- immoderate, extravagant, lavish.
- valuable, precious, priceless, worth its weight in gold, worth a king’s ransom.
- British over the odds.
What do you call expensive brands?
upmarket. adjective. upmarket services or goods are designed for people who have a lot of money.